Friday, September 11, 2009

Corn Bread - GFCF Recipe

I'm always adapting recipies or combining several recipies and making substitutions so that I have stuff that I like to eat that is Gluten Free/Dairy Free or Gluten Free Casein Free (GFCF)


GFCF Corn Bread
2 1/2 cups corn meal
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 Tablespoons honey or maple syrup (add another 1/2 cup if you like your corn bread sweet)
2 large eggs, beaten
2 Tablespoons oil (I like canola)
2 cups fake buttermilk (2 cups rice milk and 2 tablespoons vinegar [I like white or cidar])

Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Combine all dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients together then add to the dry ingredients. Stir until smooth. Add to a greased 8x8 pan or muffin tin.
Bake for 20-30 minutes
Note: This should be kept in the refridgerator after it cools as it does not keep very long without refrigeration.

No comments:

Post a Comment