Sunday, March 14, 2010

GFCF Bagels

I just made some really good bagels from a recipe in Living Without Magazine (October/November 2009 issue). If you have a subscription to this magazine (and if you can't eat gluten or dairy, you should) then you can logon and find recipes from past issues (http://www.livingwithout.com/).

Search for the Gluten Free Dairy Free Bagel Recipe.
You'll also have to do a search for the Multi-Grain Flour Blend (don't forget the dash, as it didn't recognize multi grain).

The only thing that got left off in the website is how to top the bagels-- here's how:
To add toppings whisk together 1 egg white and 2 Tablespoons cold water, brush on bagels and sprinkle toppings (poppy seeds, sesame seeds, salt, etc.) over top

The best part is the ones I made have toppings I like (sesame seeds, poppy seeds, salt), but also they aren't sweet like the GFCF bagesls I've bought at the grocery store. They're also more chewy and fresh tasting.

The ones I made aren't as pretty as the ones pictured in the magazine, but I'm sure I'll get better with practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment